Acupuncture for Pregnancy
Acupuncture offers a SAFE, EFFECTIVE and drug-free treatment option during pregnancy.
Nausea during Pregnancy
Acupuncture is very effective in reducing both the severity and incidence of nausea & vomiting during pregnancy.
Muscular - Skeletal Pain
Back pain, rib pain, sciatica & symphysis pubis pain are common in pregnancy and can be reduced with acupuncture.
Breech and Posterior babies
Moxibustion can have a significant effect in helping turn breech babies. Ideally treatment is at 34-35 weeks, but still can be used later in the pregnancy.
3 - 4 weeks prior to the due date a treatment to prepare the pelvis and cervix can be commenced. This is followed by one treatment per week until labour begins.
Acupuncture can provide a gentle inducement to labour if the baby is overdue and can be an effective alternate to a medical induction.
Pain relief during labour
Acupuncture offers drug free alternative for pain relief during labour.
Acupuncture for Fertility
Benefits of Acupuncture Treatment for Fertility
- Improvement in the function of the ovaries to produce higher quality eggs
- Regulation of the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles
- Increase in the blood flow to the uterus and increase in the thickness of the uterine lining
- Relaxation and de-stress
- Prevention of uterine contractions post IVF embryo transfer
- Reduction of the side-effects of IVF medications
- Strengthened immune system/Increased energy
- Improvement in sperm count, motility, morphology
- Reduction of sperm DNA fragmentation
- Increase in chance of conceiving
- Decrease in chance of miscarriage